PLEASE READ THIS FIRST…A few things about the project.
- Project is in Porterville, CA, (about an hour North of Bakersfield).
- Ground-up, Hotel-Casino
- Approximate project Oct 202-April 2022
- W.E. O’Neil will provide housing or equivalent
Read the full description below. Here’s a few highlights.
- You must have experience as a Senior Superintendent, with projects bigger than $130mil.
- You have experiences coordinating with a construction manager on the project. Building a solid relationship, partnering and working together to get the project done.
- Need to be able to work with P6 for scheduling.
ENR California Top Contractors
2019 - Ranking- #21
2018 - Ranking- #35
2017 - Ranking- #46
Yeah, we are really growing!
Los Angeles Business Journal, "One of The Best Places to Work" 2 Years in a Row.
- Are you searching for a construction company that values teamwork?
- Would you like the opportunity to constantly learn, thrive, and be challenged to grow on each new construction project?
- Would you like to be part of a company where your work is respected, and your contributions appreciated?
If you are ready to bring your “A” game, keep reading…
The Senior Project Superintendent controls all field activities related to this project including all on-site field administration, supervision and technical management of all construction operations. This role will require the supervision and mentoring of the Project Superintendent(s), Assistant Project Superintendent(s), Field Engineer(s), and laborers. Has the ability to mentor and manage project management staff. Also required will be the supervision and technical management of all daily construction operations, oversight and management of all subcontractors, owner vendors and other construction related personnel.
- Successfully supervising a project with a project budget range of $130M - $150M+, under various delivery methods, diversity in market sectors and varying complexities
- Possess the ability to manage and organize a large project staff
- Shows aptitude in managing large projects with multiple WEO personalities, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
- Possess the ability to manage one or more projects simultaneously with the adequate support staff
- Frequently involved in the RFQ / RFP process and resume can sell and secure work as the Senior Project Superintendent
- Deep seated industry relationships with past clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors and vendors
- Capable of holding team accountable for their areas of responsibility
- Takes the lead to resolve conflicts between the field and project management staff
- Can provide healthy objective feedback to the project staff and receive similar feedback from upper management
- Develop, maintain and enforce a project specific site logistics plan and temporary facilities
- Develop, maintenance and enforcement of project specific site safety programs
- Coordinate and manage all material deliveries and subcontracts
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the scopes of work for bid packages and / or subcontractor subcontracts
- Provide input to the Project Manager on all field activities that impact the Change Order process
- Develop, maintenance and enforcement of the overall baseline schedule and 8-week look ahead project specific schedules
- Implementation and management of all SWPPP measures and documentation
- Obtain and maintain QSP certification, if required by the specific project you are overseeing
- Possess knowledge of all documents associated with the project including plans, specifications, prime contract, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings and submittals
- Reads and understands subcontracts and the associated exhibits. Has the ability to enforce contractual obligations in the field
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of working documents and As-Builts
- Provide technical assistance to all members of the project team
- Coordinate all field inspections and testing Management Skills
- Assist in providing pertinent field information that could affect the Monthly Reconciliation Report accuracy
- and forecasts
- Develop, implementation, and enforcement of project-specific quality control program to include all subcontractors
- Prepare and maintain the projects P6 baseline schedule and all subsequent monthly updates
- Prepare and maintain the projects eight-week look ahead schedules
- Insert schedule delays / fragnets into master P6 schedule to properly document delays
- Monitor all job site control reporting measures. Assign areas of the project to your field support staff and oversee their progress
- Video record / document all existing project conditions prior to any construction on site
- Weekly progress photos to be properly labeled and filed on Box.Com
- Conduct, and / or delegate, prepare meeting minutes for all weekly subcontractor meetings, pre-installation meetings, safety meetings, etc.
- Create, and / or delegate, and issue all project specific Incident Reports
- Schedule, chair, and / or delegate, all JHA related meetings. Utilize the WEO safety department when applicable
- Oversee and manage the daily coordination of all daily subcontractor activities
- Provides input to the Project Manager on field activities that have cost impacts in the field. Follows WEO procedures for documenting all change order and back charge related work
- Document all actions dealing with actual or possible claims / legal action
- Ensure that all requirements of insurance, labor relations, and EEO are adhered to
- Oversight and supervision of all WEO employed or 3rd party provided laborers
- Prepare and submit weekly time sheets pertaining to WEO specific labor force
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of the General Conditions budget
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of all subcontractor specific scopes of work, which will be an exhibit to their subcontract
- Understands and enforces WEO and Cal-OSHA safety standards
- Collects man counts and daily reports for each subcontractor on site. Writes concise, comprehensive descriptions of each day’s work performed on site in WEO daily report
- Create and manage completion and punch lists and ensure the timely completion of all punch lists and completion lists items
- Responsible for mentoring of field staff and conducting annual performance reviews
- Has a coaching tree of successful Project Superintendent(s), Assistant Project Superintendent(s), and Field Engineer(s), which serves as proof of an ability to mentor and train your replacement
- Effective written and verbal language communication skills
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Takes initiative, strives for increased responsibility and has a desire to learn
- Shows emotional maturity, punctuality and dependability Interpersonal Skills
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all (client, design professionals, various WEO departments, WEO project team, inspectors, and subcontractors)
- Motivate and build teamwork/morale in the project team
- Mentor, coach and train as necessary to help subordinates achieve their career objectives
- Assist in creating content and have involvement in establishing the WEO training program
- As a leader in the company provide training classes for all subordinates (FE – PS)
- Involvement with the various WEO committees and part of establishing procedures and policies
- Promote WEO Corporate Values with the project team, client and subcontractors
- Show alignment with and promotes WEO Corporate Values
Qualifications: Four-year degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent experience in a related field or 10-15 minimum years of relevant project field experience.
Proficiency in basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
Proficiency in Microsoft Project or P6 Scheduling Software and Project Management Software, such as Prolog, Viewpoint, CMiC or equivalent applications. With experience, using daily software tools, such as Bluebeam, Plan Grid, Safety Mojo, BIM 360 Glue, etc.
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of various construction delivery methods, various market sectors, the construction administration process, building trades, technical aspects of construction including means and methods, materials, building systems, planning, scheduling, estimating, owner and architect relations
Completion of OSHA 30-Hour Safety Course First Aid and CPR certified
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
These are considered the core responsibilities of the position. Employees are encouraged to reach beyond their current responsibilities in an effort to foster professional growth, but only as they are able to remain accountable for their core responsibilities.