The W.E. O'Neil Construction Company family of companies is structured to benefit our clients with the stability of a strong bonding capacity and financial security and localized regional expertise.
· Are you a Project Engineer with 2+ years experience looking for a great next company?
· Searching for a construction company that values teamwork?
· Would you like the opportunity to constantly learn, thrive, and be challenged to grow with each new
· Would you like to be part of a company where your work is respected and your contributions appreciated?
If so, keep reading…
- Local candidates only please.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for 5 years or more.
W.E. O'Neil Construction is seeking project engineers to work on commercial construction projects in the Los Angeles area.
The Experienced Project Engineer is the starting point for the typical career path of engineer-superintendent-project manager. O’Neil engineers are typically assigned to one project, are located at the jobsite, and are managed by the project manager with a significant amount of oversight.
Project Engineers have the following responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the procurement schedule for the project. This involves tracking, expediting and processing all subcontractor/vendor shop drawings
and submittals through the approval process to insure that equipment and materials are delivered to the job when required.
· Manage the flow of technical information between Owner, Architect, and O’Neil, such as project drawings and specifications, addenda,
bulletins, requests for information, change directives, proposal requests, etc.
· Assist the project team in building/maintaining project schedule. Perform schedule updates regularly with the project team.
· Assist the project superintendent in the coordination of subcontractors.
· Track owner and subcontractor change orders.
· Assist the project manager in bidding and award activities, writing subcontracts, and project financial management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Building Operations – familiarity with drawings and specifications, and the ability to understand and interpret them.
· Scheduling – an understanding of critical path method scheduling and software used
· Interpersonal skills – ability to engage with business partners and team members in a constructive, productive way to overcome obstacles and
· Strong self-management skills
· 4 year college degree, preferably in civil engineering or construction technology.
· 2+ Years working experience in commercial construction
· Working knowledge of windows-based computer software, including Excel and Word.
· Estimating and project management software experience is desired (CMIC, Suretrak, Timberline, Prolog, etc.).
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
· Additional experience in the industry (including as a tradesman) is not required, but a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Competitive salary
· Bonus program
· 401k with matching
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan
· Vacation, subsidized health insurance, health club subsidy, company cell phone
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.