The W.E. O'Neil Construction Company family of companies is structured to benefit our clients with the stability of a strong bonding capacity and financial security and localized regional expertise.
ENR California Top Contractors
2019 - Ranking- #21
2018 - Ranking- #35
2017 - Ranking- #46
Yeah, we are really growing!
Los Angeles Business Journal, "One of The Best Places to Work" 3 Years in a Row.
If you are ready, keep reading…
You should read the full job description, but here are the highlights. If you feel you are an experienced scheduler, or, an experienced superintendent, that rocks P6…
The core of the job
Okay, below is the full description.
The Project Scheduler supports project teams by managing the project schedule and notify the teams of critical path impacts throughout construction. Responsible for providing any support the projects teams need in order to complete schedule deliverables in a timely, consistent manner.
• Capable of successfully creating, managing and updating a P6 or Microsoft Project schedule for large scale projects, under various delivery methods, diversity in market sectors and varying complexities
• Work closely with the Estimator(s), Project Superintendent(s) and Project Manager(s) during the preconstruction phase in managing the various design phases and creating and managing the P6 schedule through the execution of the projects GMP Prime Contract
• Work closely with the Superintendent(s) and project team(s) in maintaining and enforcing W.E. O’Neil’s scheduling philosophy and content excellence
• Monitor project progress with Superintendent(s) and the ability to perform monthly schedule updates for all projects that you are assigned to
• Determine root cause of any impacts and assist in generating recovery schedule when deemed necessary
• Work with Superintendent(s) as necessary to make schedule “course corrections” to insure project completes on time
• Ensure documentation of all claims are being properly handled to avoid litigation with our Subcontractor(s) and Owner(s)
• Train the Project Management and Project Superintendent personnel on scheduling philosophy and how to operate P6 Lead the resolution of all project specific schedule issues
• Provide information to be utilized in the Material Procurement Log to ensure timely deliveries that correspond with the projects P6 schedule (Excel export or custom filters)
• Provide guidance to the team on desired format and content to best organize schedule activities and monthly deliverables
• Understands the schedule requirements required by the project specifications and / or required by the Owner’s Prime Contract agreement
• Work with project team on what-if schedules to analyze impacts of differing construction means and methods
• Interface with the projects Project Management and Project Superintendent staff, Owner, and
• Subcontractors on all scheduling related issues, including reporting requirements, progress status, and
• preparing time impact analysis
• Four-year degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or equivalent experience in a related field and a minimum of 2-5+ years of relevant scheduling experience, as a Project Scheduler, schedule consultant or equivalent.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Advanced understanding of construction administration processes, including contracts, construction documents, schedules, RFIs, submittals and material procurement
• Proficiency in P6
• Demonstrated understanding of the importance of relationship building
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Well-developed time management and organization skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project or P6 Scheduling Software and Project Management Software.
• Experience, using daily software tools, such as Bluebeam, Plan Grid, Safety Mojo, BIM 360 Glue, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of various construction delivery methods, various market sectors, the construction administration process, building trades, technical aspects of construction including means and methods, materials, building systems, planning, scheduling, estimating, owner and architect relations
• Completion of OSHA 30-Hour Safety Course as needed
• First Aid and CPR certified as needed
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.