Extraordinary projects need vision and precision to be exceptional. They need Tutor Perini.
As a Field Engineer on the California High Speed Rail CP-1 project you will be based out of our Fresno, CA project office and will be a key role in managing the AT&T and PG&E field activities throughout the project.
The successful candidate will perform tasks related to field monitoring and construction scheduling and will have the ability to manage several subcontractors and relocations at once. This position requires 3+ years of construction experience, strong organizational and strong written/Verbal communication skills.
• Reviews project plans and develops a construction schedule in coordination with project-wide activities.
• Coordinates with subcontractors on advance material acquisitions and pre-construction deliverables
• Develops/ assists with obtaining quotes and draft contracts to meet project requirements.
• Prepares construction work plan packages and coordinates pre-construction meetings while ensuring that all prerequisites to start construction activities are identified and completed.
• Prepares, updates and distributes work activity schedules/updates, and communicates across discipline groups and agencies to ensure proper advance notifications and coordination of start times.
• Monitors and participates daily in field construction process. Provides layout checks and technical reviews of work against requirements. Obtains confirmations from design engineer as needed
• Assists with subcontract administration and permanent material suppliers through monitoring of correspondence, submittals, RFI's, and performance records; Maintains accurate payment records.
• Assists in preparing monthly reporting for progress payments, schedule updates, and problem/issue tracking and resolution. Provides accurate and factual assessments of project performance.
• Participates in change orders and claims management
• Develops and manages relationships with owners, subcontractors, consultants and field personnel
• Maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with high standards of workplace safety and construction best practices
• Identifies and resolves changing site conditions or other impacts during planning of the work
• Coordinates-and attends pre-bid and construction meetings
• Develops, quality checks and coordinates permits from appropriate entities
• Assists in preparing crossing applications and work plans, assuring quality control, etc. by subcontractor
• Manages and submits project close-out in coordination with the client and third parties
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 3+ years construction engineering experience and/or training (or 6 years equivalent work experience)
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Project controls techniques (i.e. cost accounting, basic estimating, forecasting, and contracts)
• A strong working knowledge of critical path method, resource scheduling is preferred.
• working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Primavera P6 is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic - Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability)
ARIA Resort and Casino, designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects, is the centerpiece of CityCenter. The 61-story, 4,004-room tower features an array of dining experiences, convention and meeting space, gaming, a two-level spa and a vast pool deck. Vdara Hotel and Spa, designed by RV Architects, LLC led by Rafael Vinoly, is an internationally inspired all-suite hotel and spa for an exclusive non-gaming environment
The SR 99 Alaskan Way Viaduct is being replaced with an approximately two-mile-long double-deck tunnel underneath downtown Seattle. Replacing the viaduct with a tunnel allows the highway to remain open for much of construction, thus minimizing closures and impacts to traffic. Once the tunnel opens, the viaduct will be taken down to clear the way for new public space along Seattle’s downtown waterfron
The Terminal One project at Newark Liberty International Airport involves the design and construction of a new 1 million-square-foot, 33-gate domestic terminal with an open and modern layout. This Tutor Perini/Parsons Design-Build project also includes the N60 Frontage Road Bridge and a pedestrian bridge with moving walkways. Upon completion, this new terminal will be LEED Silver certified.
Located on the Mohegan Tribe’s reservation in Connecticut, this project added 4,930,000 square feet for hotel, casino, retail, arena, dining and parking. Delivered on a fast-track schedule, construction of each component was phased to allow key elements to be opened prior to the total completion of the facility. The 34-story hotel tower has 1,200 luxurious guest rooms and 186 suites offering an abundance of space, and the latest amenities and business technologies.
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.