Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
|Project Location(s):||Detroit, MI 48226 USA
|Minimum Years Experience:|
Responsible for leading, directing and coordinating the work of Turner trade employees. The Carpenter Foreman is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project.
Reports to: Superintendent, Project Manager, Project Executive, and Trades Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Be a working foreman while leading carpenters to complete jobsite related projects.
· Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
· Possess the skills necessary to complete rough carpentry work, site logistical work, fencing, deck and platform building, protection systems, construction waste areas, and jobsite cleanup.
· Completes and submits time sheets, daily construction reports, and required safety paperwork daily.
· Participate in interviews and recommend hires for trades staff.
· Supervise and develop trade employees, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
· Address staff needs and resolve problems. Provide staff feedback, reward, and discipline as required.
· Assist in scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment.
· Reviews jobsite needs with the superintendents & foreman and coordinates construction.
· Participate in the activities of subcontractors and suppliers.
· Estimate, inventory, monitor, and request time, staff, material, and equipment needed to complete work.
· Operate equipment such as forklifts, backhoe, skidsteer, excavator, compactors, and construction hoist
· Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
· Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
· Ability to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
· Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer — minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Hearst Tower is a 46-story glass and steel, 858,000 square foot commercial office building for the Hearst Corporation. The building was built within and above the original six-story Hearst office building. The 1928 landmark façade was restored and integrated with the tower. The structural frame, standing 598 feet tall, is enclosed with a panelized glass curtain wall system and stainless steel diagrid cladding. The triangulated steel frame uses 21% less steel than a traditionally framed building, saving 2,000 tons of steel…read more.
The Hilton Cleveland Downtown is the latest addition to one of the most prominent civic greens in the country – the Cleveland Mall — and it has already made a name for itself hosting a major national event: the 2016 Republican National Convention.The hotel’s iconic tower joins the city skyline at 32 stories, and offers 600 guestrooms, two ballrooms, a range of meeting spaces, an indoor swimming pool and fitness amenities, a full-service restaurant, and two bars…read more
JetBlue’s 150,000 square foot extension of Terminal 5 at John F. Kennedy International Airport — constructed over the recently demolished Terminal 6 site — includes relocation and addition of nine gates, structural steel tie-ins to the original terminal structure and Sky Walk, extensive system tie-ins for installation of a baggage claim system, and plumbing and electrical upgrades….read more
The North American Headquarters for Systems Material Handling includes a 40,000 square foot office complex and a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse that accommodate a growing staff . The move allowed the company to consolidate its original warehouse, distribution facility and office operations, and expansion at the site allowed the company to nearly double its space, giving them 500,000 square feet…read more
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.