Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
|Division:||Canada - Vancouver
|Project Location(s):||Vancouver, BC V5K 0A1 CAN
|Minimum Years Experience:|
|Job Type:||Foreign Local|
Position Description: Leads and supports at the Business Unit or Project Level efforts
which are focused on enhancing customer value, nurturing a learning environment, facilitating continuous improvement processes, and maximizing project team collaboration.
Reports To: General Manager, Operations Manager, or Regional Lean Manager. If
assigned to a specific project, reports to the Project Executive or Project Manager.
Has a dotted line reporting relationship to Regional Lean Manager.
Responsibilities: In the areas assigned:
· Change agent implementing strategies that develop and strengthen a lean enterprise culture in alignment with region and company goals and priorities
· Works daily with the team(s) in the utilization of the mechanics of Last Planner® System
· Is a key member of the Business Unit or Project Management team(s) providing insight, direction and strategic alignment to the business
· Utilizing the Launch Matrix, works with project teams to support a successful project launch
· Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a planning tool to achieve project and company goals
· Provides a consistent presence on assigned projects working with each team in setting up Visual Management, the Last Planner® System, 5S, etc.
· Supports development and implementation of local project and BU improvement and innovation initiatives through workshops, training, coaching, etc. to teach and practice lean principles, methods and tools
· Works with Regional Lean Manager and others to share and learn from improvement efforts
· Works with Regional Lean Manager to implement standard work for own activities (LPS coaching, Lean Training, etc.)
· Implements improvement and innovation projects based on direction set by business unit/regional leadership
· Facilitates the establishment of a lean management system and culture
· Develops and conducts standard lean training throughout region as well as supporting national training programs on topics such as: Last Planner® System, lean problem solving & process improvement, lean leadership and culture
· Conducts regular project reviews with the Project Team, Operations Manager, and Regional Lean Manager to review project
status, challenges, and opportunities and to establish measurable goals for improvement
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years’ related experience or
an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Preferred Last Planner ® System project experience (alternatively, completed Advancing Lean training program). Preferred general lean knowledge and experience.
Preferred experience working with BIM and BIM staff. Curiosity and interest in life-long learning and personal development. Willing to challenge status quo.
Change agent who is able to influence others and “lead without authority”. Shows initiative (i.e., self-starter), patience, and perseverance. Has coaching mindset and skills.
Extensive travel is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site
at the construction worksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.construction - General Contracting Canada - Vancouver
Hearst Tower is a 46-story glass and steel, 858,000 square foot commercial office building for the Hearst Corporation. The building was built within and above the original six-story Hearst office building. The 1928 landmark façade was restored and integrated with the tower. The structural frame, standing 598 feet tall, is enclosed with a panelized glass curtain wall system and stainless steel diagrid cladding. The triangulated steel frame uses 21% less steel than a traditionally framed building, saving 2,000 tons of steel…read more.
The Hilton Cleveland Downtown is the latest addition to one of the most prominent civic greens in the country – the Cleveland Mall — and it has already made a name for itself hosting a major national event: the 2016 Republican National Convention.The hotel’s iconic tower joins the city skyline at 32 stories, and offers 600 guestrooms, two ballrooms, a range of meeting spaces, an indoor swimming pool and fitness amenities, a full-service restaurant, and two bars…read more
JetBlue’s 150,000 square foot extension of Terminal 5 at John F. Kennedy International Airport — constructed over the recently demolished Terminal 6 site — includes relocation and addition of nine gates, structural steel tie-ins to the original terminal structure and Sky Walk, extensive system tie-ins for installation of a baggage claim system, and plumbing and electrical upgrades….read more
The North American Headquarters for Systems Material Handling includes a 40,000 square foot office complex and a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse that accommodate a growing staff . The move allowed the company to consolidate its original warehouse, distribution facility and office operations, and expansion at the site allowed the company to nearly double its space, giving them 500,000 square feet…read more
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.