Turner is a North America-based, international construction services company and is a leading builder in diverse market segments. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community.
|Project Location(s):||Anaheim, CA 92806 USA
|Minimum Years Experience:|
|Job Family:||Human Resources|
Position Description: Primary point of contact for HR administrative functions within a business unit.
Reports to: HR Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
• Support experienced hiring recruiting program; prepare materials for events, order and inventory Turner collateral.
• Assist with pre-employment process including background checks, drug screening and coordination with other departments as needed. Serve as the point of contact to explain and answer any questions related to the pre-employment process.
• Manage Applicant Tracking System; assist with coordinating interviews; communicate with applicants, candidates and internal interviewers; assist with drafting offer letters.
• Assist Regional Recruiting Manager with coordination of college recruiting activities. assist with internship program; serve as point of contact for interns.
• Assist with onboarding activities including I-9/E-Verify process and new hire kits; follow up on policy acknowledgments and other required new hire documentation. Create and maintain employee files.
• Responsible for new hire orientation.
• Serve as first point of contact for employee questions and issues; escalate accordingly.
• Input employee data into HRIS; assure ongoing data integrity; create and run reports; Act as HRIS backup for the region and/or other business units.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and disseminate information to business unit on company policies and benefits.
• Recommend and implement continuous improvement of HR systems and processes.
• Maintain accurate record keeping for compliance with all OFCCP obligations.
• Coordinate various employee-focused programs such as service awards, biometric screenings and staff awards.
• Liaison with Headquarters Payroll and Benefits to communicate and troubleshoot related items.
• Serve as vendor contact for relocations/transfers; initiate estimates; arrange temporary housing when needed.
• Support the performance and development processes by running reports, following up with employees for completion and provide end-user support.
• Support annual open enrollment process within business unit by troubleshooting issues, answering questions and following up for completion.
• Track leaves of absence, maintain communication with employees and coordinate with third party administrator. Maintain up to date knowledge on company and state policies.
• Assist with relocations/transfers including writing draft letters and system input.
• Assist with off boarding process to include preparing paperwork and conducting exit interviews.
• Respond to employment verification requests.
*may perform other duties as necessary or required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience with HRIS, payroll and talent management technologies; SAP experience a plus. Must be able to execute time sensitive deliverables. Ability to interpret policies and procedures. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team and maintain confidentiality. Must be comfortable discussing sensitive issues with employees at all levels within the organization. HR professional certification recommended.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require sitting; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the office. The noise in these work environments is usually quite to moderate in an office setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may also work occasionally on-site at the construction site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Hearst Tower is a 46-story glass and steel, 858,000 square foot commercial office building for the Hearst Corporation. The building was built within and above the original six-story Hearst office building. The 1928 landmark façade was restored and integrated with the tower. The structural frame, standing 598 feet tall, is enclosed with a panelized glass curtain wall system and stainless steel diagrid cladding. The triangulated steel frame uses 21% less steel than a traditionally framed building, saving 2,000 tons of steel…read more.
The Hilton Cleveland Downtown is the latest addition to one of the most prominent civic greens in the country – the Cleveland Mall — and it has already made a name for itself hosting a major national event: the 2016 Republican National Convention.The hotel’s iconic tower joins the city skyline at 32 stories, and offers 600 guestrooms, two ballrooms, a range of meeting spaces, an indoor swimming pool and fitness amenities, a full-service restaurant, and two bars…read more
JetBlue’s 150,000 square foot extension of Terminal 5 at John F. Kennedy International Airport — constructed over the recently demolished Terminal 6 site — includes relocation and addition of nine gates, structural steel tie-ins to the original terminal structure and Sky Walk, extensive system tie-ins for installation of a baggage claim system, and plumbing and electrical upgrades….read more
The North American Headquarters for Systems Material Handling includes a 40,000 square foot office complex and a 200,000 square foot distribution warehouse that accommodate a growing staff . The move allowed the company to consolidate its original warehouse, distribution facility and office operations, and expansion at the site allowed the company to nearly double its space, giving them 500,000 square feet…read more
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.