The Southwest Region is currently hiring Journeymen Mechanical Pipefitters. The Journeyman Mechanical Pipefitter is essential and assists the project team in ensuring timely and successful completion of construction projects.
- Installation of chilled water, heating water, and steam systems.
- Piping and equipment setting.
- Projects include new construction, renovation in healthcare, education, and other commercial applications.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in the pipe-fitter /mechanical trade and be able to pass a pre-employment mechanical exam
- Pay rate is determined on current level of knowledge and experience
- Able to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Accurately layout building systems
- Management and ability to train apprentice tradesmen
- Able to create a safe working environment, and understands OSHA regulations
- Basic understanding of mechanical building codes
- Ability to take off and communicate tool and material requirements to supervisor
- Layout and install hangers for system installation
- Must have experience in carbon steel, copper, and PVC installations
- Must have experience setting mechanical equipment including air handling units, chillers, boilers, pumps, expansion tanks, dirt/air separators, and heat exchanges
- Ability to set up and perform piping tests
- Must have own hand tools
- Must have reliable transportation to job-site
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to work well with others.
- Must have good problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify potential issues during installation and elevate them to Foreman/Gen Foreman
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Request For Talent is the recruiting cloud* for real estate careers in development, construction management, architecture, asset management, finance and accounting. RFT is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search – Recruiters in Real Estate Development, Recruiters in Architecture, Recruiters in Asset Management, Recruiters in Real Estate Finance and Accounting.