California general contractor MATT Construction provides construction services with integrity, a passion for the creative process and a win-win philosophy.
Our unique and collaborative business model pairs a superintendent with a project manager on site, so your successes will be visible. You’ll share ideas and insights with talented, inspired and motivated people in a unique culture, where we believe that the role of leadership is to create an environment in which people can be successful. A company-wide policy encouraging shared performance responsibility ensures the highest degree of professional service and exceptional results on all projects we undertake.
Your performance in this position could allow you to have longevity here, particularly as we continue to grow.
- Clearly represent all information so that even bad news can be handled with expediency and transparency
- React positively on the face of conflict and encourage productive collaboration
- Flexibly and effectively cope with change
- Self-motivate to learn, investigate and understand
- Roll up your sleeves and commit to doing what the job requires to be done right
Do you have
- At least 7 years experience in managing commercial high-rise, creative office, museum, estate residential, or higher education construction
- Technical knowledge of multiple building components and systems
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a high degree of comfort selling our work
- An aptitude for mentoring and training
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required)
- Experience with BIM and SureTrak and Primavera software (preferred)
Reporting to the general superintendent, you will run all field activities on a project, overseeing subcontractors, field forepeople, installers and laborers. You will share leadership responsibilities on each project with the project manager, including the mentoring and development of project engineers.
Your activities will include:
- Scheduling and coordinating people from different trades; depending on the project, this could be 200 to 500 people
- Performing detailed constructability analyses and parlaying findings into solutions
- Participating in the subcontractor buyout process and verifying the scope of what we are going to build and how we are going to build it
- Ensuring permits and licenses are in place
- Coordinating inspections
- Maintaining efficient workflow in the field
- Managing all site safety considerations
- Performing quality control and quality assurance verifications
To apply for this position, please send a resume, and cover letter/e-mail with “Superintendent” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CORESITE SV4 DATA CENTER - Santa Clara, Ca
The CoreSite SV4 Data Center project continued the development of an 11.6-acre, three parcel industrial block. It involved construction of a new two-story, Tier III data center, with infrastructure including below-grade electrical, communications and water lines, a 25,000-gallon diesel fuel tank serving eight primary generators providing up to 16 MW of electric power, and two secondary generators
WALDORF ASTORIA BEVERLY HILLS - Beverly Hills, Ca
The Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, on the existing Beverly Hilton Hotel property, evokes classic Hollywood glamour informed by California’s Streamline Moderne style with meticulously executed interior architecture and decor designed by Pierre-Yves Rochon and an exterior of sweeping white stone curves, floor-to-ceiling glass and bronze accents.
THE BROAD - Los Angeles, Ca
Constructed atop a partly subterranean parking structure, the three-story, 112,800 sf museum provides approximately 50,000 sf of gallery space on two floors, sufficient to exhibit approximately 300 of The Broad’s 2,000-work collection at any one time.
THE PETERSEN AUTOMOTIVE MUSEUM - Los Angeles, Ca.
The exterior design by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates transformed the Petersen building into one of the most significant and unforgettable structures in Los Angeles. Long ribbons of stainless steel wrap around three sides and over the top of the deep red structure, making a visceral statement that evokes the imagery of speed and the organic curves of a coach-built automobile.
Request for Talent
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.