Assistant Project Manager
At Layton Construction, we live the philosophy of "Constructing with Integrity."
The Assistant Project Manager assists in the planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. May be assigned one or more projects at a time. Manages projects to meet quality standards, owner expectations, and profitability. Assesses and responds to customer needs and cultivates customer relationships. Promotes Layton business philosophies and assists in training project personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the preparation of estimates for the project.
- Prepares project budgets and unit cost reports.
- Assists the project team in preparing the project management plan.
- Participates in value engineering services as appropriate.
- Organizes and conducts pre-construction planning meetings.
- Participates in the successful negotiation of project subcontracts.
- Participates in obtaining permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the Project Superintendent.
- Develops the monthly client pay requests and follows up on the collection of billings to insure funds are collected as per the contract terms & time.
- Maintains owner relations.
- Obtains and reviews plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
- Plans the successful execution of the construction contract.
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the project budget constraints and consistent with the project delivery schedule.
- Develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk management plans.
- Regularly visits the project site and monitors costs, safety, quality, and schedule performance with the project superintendent.
- Evaluates and modifies as necessary, schedules and self-performed work procedures to meet schedule milestones and financial goals.
- Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages the resulting cost and profit impact.
- Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and approval and coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases. Participates in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
- Attends and documents owner and other coordination meetings.
- Coordinates all final close out procedures for the project including as-built drawing, punch lists, final billing, occupancy permit, owner acceptance, project manuals, warranty letters, subcontractor close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
- Participates in the post completion project review and provides Estimating with information for their database.
- Increases project profitability and promotes Layton objectives and goals.
- Directs the organization and preparation of all project documents for storage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two or more years of commercial construction experience.
- Has a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills by expressing ideas clearly and effectively. Uses proper grammar and syntax.
- Knows commercial construction processes thoroughly.
- Understands construction laws and practices.
- Has strong negotiation skills.
- Understands and applies building codes and other design requirements correctly.
- Reads blueprints.
- Maintains the Layton standard of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies.
- Excels in problem solving. Finds relationships between data from different sources to formulate alternative solutions.
- Works well with other people; takes time to help co-workers, customers, and others to achieve their goals and assignments.
- Uses tact. Expresses empathy.
- Establishes priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks.
- Knows how to plan an effective course of action for self and others. Knows how to allocate resources and assign personnel. Uses time efficiently and is well-organized.
- Knows how to present a professional demeanor. Makes a good impression on others.
- Knows how to manage events to achieve goals. Is a self-starter and works well without close supervision. Has a record of achieving aggressive goals.
- Can operate office equipment, such as computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
- Professional affiliations (e.g. AGC member) and credentials (e.g. PE) preferred.
- Community service participation preferred.
- Ability to speak basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding construction preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL - We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
West Hollywood, CA, USA
AMAZON FULFILLMENT CENTER - Salt Lake City, UT
The 2.3 million SF Amazon Fulfillment Center was constructed in 12 months and sits on 71 acres in Salt Lake City’s inland port area, located west of Salt Lake City International Airport. The project was developed by Seefried Industrial Properties.
2.3 million SF of finished floor space, 196 concrete tilt panels lifted in place with the heaviest weighing 250,000 lbs., 324,000 tons of fill dirt imported to the site over 17 days, and 1.7 million SF of pavement.
ISAGENIX AT RIVULON - Gilbert, AZ
Isagenix at Rivulon is a sleek, 3-story steel constructed office building featuring floor-to-ceiling glazing within 16-foot, floor-to-floor heights that showcase panoramic views of San Tan Mountain.
Class A office space, training center, glass exterior, indoor/outdoor ballroom, conference room, high-end finishes.
MONTAGE DEER VALLEY RESORT & SPA - Park City, UT
Montage Deer Valley is a 5-star resort and spa built on a tight mountain site at the Deer Valley Ski Resort in Park City, Utah.
The hotel consists of 173 guestrooms, a 35,000 SF spa and fitness center, a bowling alley and entertainment area, two restaurants, two ballrooms, numerous retail, commercial and meeting spaces, two full-size swimming pools, a combination of indoor/outdoor spas and 81 condos and residences.
University Hospital Medical Center - San Antonio, TX
A Towering Triumph
Highlighting the construction was the completion of a brand-new, 12-story Sky Tower that added 420 private inpatient rooms, an expanded emergency department and two floors consisting of 35 operating suites.
This massive expansion took place at a very busy Level 1 trauma center without impacting operations.
Request for Talent
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.