Around here, we make each day count. That's because people are counting on us. We're behind some of the largest and most innovative projects in the world. We help people live better. We help them get where they need to be. And we do it on a larger-than-life-scale. There's nothing ordinary about working here. So roll up your sleeves because you are in for big things
Requisition ID: 118700
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Business Management
Employment Type: Full Time
The Business Administrator will be part of the business team and will need to possess the skills to manage a fast-paced office environment. The ideal candidate must be able to meet deadlines and contribute to a positive, safe, high-quality culture. The construction industry is a fast-paced environment that requires decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Kiewit’s Western Canada District is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, bridges, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast of Canada.
This position will be based in Burnaby, BC
• Assisting in the paperwork process of getting project agreements/change orders executed through the approval workflow
• Properly filing all associated project agreement paperwork
• Setting up the agreements within our accounting system
• Setting up cost tracking logs for project cost and payment reporting
• Processing contract invoices through approved project payforms
• Troubleshooting subcontract payment holds and seeking prompt resolution
• General accounts payable support
• Other office administration support as assigned
• High School Diploma and at least 2 + years of administrative experience, preferably for engineering, construction or oil/gas/chemical company
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
• Must be customer service oriented
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Legally eligible to work in Canada
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.
REQUEST FOR TALENT is here to help you fill your open jobs in real estate development, construction management, architecture, asset management and more. We are dedicated to real estate. We have the best pricing period and work hard to get your positions marketed to the right audience.
Please note that any positions posted that are not relevant to this medium shall be removed. Any posting containing offensive material will also be removed.
You must have an active account and company page in order to proceed with your first job posting. THanks, and let's get those positions filled! Dismiss