Around here, we make each day count. That's because people are counting on us. We're behind some of the largest and most innovative projects in the world. We help people live better. We help them get where they need to be. And we do it on a larger-than-life-scale. There's nothing ordinary about working here. So roll up your sleeves because you are in for big things
Requisition ID: 118701
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Support Services (KSS) Field Technicians are the escalated point of contact for all technical issues that cannot be resolved remotely. They serve as members of a team by providing on-site technical support for those items escalated by the Service Desk. Field Technicians are under the supervision of a Field Services Lead Associate or similar manager function.
KSS Field Technicians are also responsible for providing a consolidated point of contact for Kiewit employees with technical support needs. Field Technicians are responsible for responding to service desk tickets in a timely manner, researching and resolving escalated technical support issues. Technical support issues may include: resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, installing software, and executing scripted troubleshooting processes. Field Technicians are to document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely and accurate manner, and prioritize tickets based on their level of urgency.
Kiewit’s Western Canada District is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, bridges, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast of Canada.
This position will be based in British Columbia at one of our project locations.
• Provide a consolidated point of contact for providing escalated technical support to Kiewit employees
• Respond to all assigned tickets in a timely manner
• Research and resolve escalated trouble tickets
• Immediately notify appropriate individuals of any issues that could potentially impact production activities and follow escalation to keep impact minimal
• Document all trouble tickets with clear, concise explanations in a timely and accurate manner ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures
• On-site and remote client support of various enterprise and desktop applications
• Establish and maintain a professional relationship with customers, team members and department contacts
• Cooperate with team members to provide the best customer experience possible
• Provide quality customer service that exceeds customer expectations
• Assist Service Desk when needed or when assigned by taking customer calls or chats.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace
• Detail-oriented, highly organized
• Prior technical support experience
• Able to work an 8-hour day shift
• Able to lift up to 40lbs on a regular basis
• Associates / Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or a related field preferred.
• Customer service experience preferred
• Experience installing and troubleshooting computer software and hardware preferred
• Ability to troubleshoot personal computer and peripherals preferred
• Technical knowledge of Microsoft Office applications preferred
• Knowledge of trouble ticketing systems preferred
• Spanish or French speaking is a plus
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.
REQUEST FOR TALENT is here to help you fill your open jobs in real estate development, construction management, architecture, asset management and more. We are dedicated to real estate. We have the best pricing period and work hard to get your positions marketed to the right audience.
Please note that any positions posted that are not relevant to this medium shall be removed. Any posting containing offensive material will also be removed.
You must have an active account and company page in order to proceed with your first job posting. THanks, and let's get those positions filled! Dismiss