Around here, we make each day count. That's because people are counting on us. We're behind some of the largest and most innovative projects in the world. We help people live better. We help them get where they need to be. And we do it on a larger-than-life-scale. There's nothing ordinary about working here. So roll up your sleeves because you are in for big things
Requisition ID: 112260
Job Level: Internship
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Are you interested in a hands-on real-world learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time construction career? In this internship, you will have the opportunity to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction management.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
TIC Marine & Heavy Civil self-performs marine projects with company-owned equipment for both the public and private sector, historically focusing on the southeast coast. Our construction operations are supported by our in-house equipment department, fabrication facility and machine shop to streamline projects for our owners. Using our own equipment and fabrication facility allow us to maintain control over critical scopes, ensuring that the project stays on schedule. Past heavy-civil experiences include cast in place concrete, steel, box beam, flat slab, railroad trestle and arch bridges, bridge widening, bascule and swing bridges, box culverts, storm drainage, erosion control, dike and levee construction, concrete paving, tunnels and sound barriers. Our Marine experience includes lock and dam repairs, docks, demolition, Navy wharfs, water intake structures, steel, concrete, composite and timber piling, fender systems, dolphins, piers, dredging, marinas and LNG facilities.
Savannah, GA is home to TIC Marine & Heavy Civil, a subsidiary of Kiewit. Most of our projects are within a 90-mile radius of the city, allowing our employees to not only to plant roots in the South, but build relationships with our clients.
• Direct or assist with all project Safety, Quality and Compliance programs and processes. This is our first and foremost focus
• Field Operations: Interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries
• Currently pursuing an Undergraduate degree in Civil engineering, Construction management or related degree
• Ability to work full-time during the summer (approximately May-August)
• Ability to travel and relocate as the business requires
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.
REQUEST FOR TALENT is here to help you fill your open jobs in real estate development, construction management, architecture, asset management and more. We are dedicated to real estate. We have the best pricing period and work hard to get your positions marketed to the right audience.
Please note that any positions posted that are not relevant to this medium shall be removed. Any posting containing offensive material will also be removed.
You must have an active account and company page in order to proceed with your first job posting. THanks, and let's get those positions filled! Dismiss