Federal Realty is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high-quality retail real estate in the country's best markets. We believe we are one of the most innovative and dynamic real estate companies you can work for. Interested candidates who research Federal Realty hear a lot about the high-quality shopping centers and mixed-use centers. Our well-respected real estate team is at our core, but it's the smaller intangible things that can make working at Federal so satisfying. You see, while we're one of the largest publicly traded real estate investment trusts in the country, as measured by the value of our shopping centers, we're really a very small company by most standards and we try to operate that way. That means that team members with initiative and ability can get involved in many facets of our business over the years.
Federal Realty is seeking an experienced Senior Construction Project Manager with mixed-use experience, including retail, office and residential. This position is based in Miami, Florida and will manage the day-to-day construction activities for the redevelopment of a large one million square foot mixed-use project in South Florida. The candidate must have 15 to 20 years of experience in development and construction management functions.
This opportunity is open to Independent Contractors (1099) as well as individuals seeking to become an employee of Federal Realty (W-2).
- Establish construction delivery scope and project budgets while working with 3rd party General Contractor (GC)
- Manage the necessary due diligence process during predevelopment to minimize the likelihood of unforeseen conditions during construction
- Oversee the contracting and timely delivery of all work
- Review schematic, design development, and construction document drawings and specifications and provide detailed comments and feedback throughout the design process
- Oversee the GC bidding process to ensure a complete and thorough Guaranteed Maximum Price contract
- Coordinate and manage the timely installation of all necessary utility services
- Develop construction plan with GC to include schedule, building sequencing, delivery plan, staging area, fencing plan, erosion control, etc.
- Review, negotiate, analyze, and manage construction contracts and change orders
- Oversee the construction administration ofproject architects, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors
- Manage bi-weekly Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC)job-site meetings
- Oversee GC’s process for submittals, shop drawings and requests for information and manage the project exposure log
- Monitor project progress in the field and ensure project schedule is being maintained
- Review project site to confirm that adequate quality controls and safety processes are in place and are being tracked
- Troubleshoot design and construction issues as they arise
- Review monthly payment applications, lien waivers, and insurance certificates
- Review and process invoices utilizing Federal’s standard operating and filing procedures
- Maintain monthly budget updates and accounting reports
- Manage the jurisdiction and owner acceptance process for completed building interiors/exteriors and site construction
- Secure warranty books and as-built drawings from GC
- Manage GC to secure Certificate of Occupancy & bond releases
- Manage the budget process to close out jobs in a timely manner
- Drives the landlord and tenant design, permitting and construction process in accordance with lease documents to ensure achievement of “best possible” rent commencement dates for all projects as assigned
- Proactively performs all tasks related to gathering information required by leasing to market tenant spaces
- Drafts and reviews construction lease exhibits upon request by Leasing or Legal
- Reviews and approves Landlord and Tenant construction drawings to ensure compliance with lease, budget, schedule and design requirements
- Coordinates directly with Legal, Leasing, Asset Management and Development to ensure that lease language and terms of delivery are reasonable and achievable
- 15 - 20 years of Construction Management experience working for a Development and/or Construction Company with specific project experience in retail, residential and office construction
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in ground-up construction and large-scale redevelopments
- Experience with LEED certified projects preferred
- Experience with commercial leases preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Federal Realty Investment Trust is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Federal Realty Investment Trust does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Federal Realty Investment Trust and Federal Realty Investment Trust will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.