Recruiters in Real Estate Development, Investment, Construction Management, Architecture
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. is retained by the County of Los Angeles to fill the position of – Assistant Chief Executive Offier, Asset Management. All applications must be sent through the attached application link/button or directly to Kipp Gillian, [email protected]m. Do to the volume of applicants we ask that you read the full job description.
Candidates MUST have a very diverse portfolio of experience. Applications without a large and varied asset experience will not be considered. Asset groups that of interest involve a combination of Housing, Commerical, Healthcare, Educational, Public Works, Judicial, Industrial, Correctional etc…
We are pursing candidates with LARGE asset management, caapital management and master planning experience. Los Angeles County’s asset portfolio includes approximately 4,400 owned buildings encompassing 65 million square feet, 7 million square feet of leased space, and a Capital Program of approximately $6 Billion.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Who We Are:
The County of Los Angeles (County) is the largest employer in Southern California with more than 110,000 employees across 37 departments and an operating budget of $38.2 billion. With a population of over 10 million residents, we serve the needs of 88 municipalities that lie within our boundaries. We are governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors (Board) elected on a nonpartisan basis to serve four-year, staggered terms as our executive and legislative authorities. The County is rich in cultural diversity and home to world-renowned museums, theaters, the nation’s motion picture industry, major universities, and numerous five-star restaurants.
What We Do:
The Chief Executive Office (CEO) is the central executive, strategic, and administrative agency driving transformative change to improve the lives of our diverse constituents. We lead collective efforts with other departments to achieve priorities established by our Board regarding affordable housing, sustainability, economic development, healthcare integration, homelessness, child protection, justice reform, and women and girls’ initiatives. As the administrative agency responsible for the County’s $38.2 billion budget, we handle specialized functions to lead and maximize the use of County assets; advocate the County’s position on state and federal agendas; lead and implement the Countywide Strategic Plan; implement risk management strategies to mitigate financial loss; and convey the County’s message through a variety of communication platforms.
This unclassified position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Deputy. The position is distinguished by its executive and administrative responsibility for managing the County’s Asset Management Branch which includes the County’s capital construction program, real estate leasing and acquisition, real property master planning, and sustainability and maintenance of facilities for use in County operations and in support of the Board’s policy priorities and initiatives. This position will work collaboratively with other County departments to assess and plan for existing and future capital needs.
• Works with County departments to assess and plan for existing needs and forecast future capital needs.
• Oversees the management of technical and administrative staff responsible for preparing and implementing the County’s strategic asset management plan.
• Oversees the preparation and implementation of the County’s annual capital improvements plan and budget.
• Oversees the County’s integrated master planning program that reflects the Board’s priority of cross departmental collaboration and strategic priorities such as family and child welfare, homelessness, and health care.
• Oversees the County’s Real Estate program including leasing, property acquisition, and property management.
• Oversees the County’s sustainability efforts through adoption of best practices for maintenance and life-cycle management of real property and appropriate investments in energy efficiency and environmental initiatives.
• Produces analysis and makes recommendations to the CEO and the Board on the highest and best use and reuse of County assets in support of County missions; to generate revenue, and; to support County economic development policy and Board goals and directives.
• Oversees the analysis, coordination, and monitoring of expenditures by County departments, special districts, and funds dedicated to real property management.
• Maintains and administers Countywide capital improvement and real property budgetary policies and procedures.
• Directs strategic planning and performance measurement systems related to real property and asset management.
• Maintains relationships with elected officials, agencies, departments and other public and private agencies to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
• Oversees the preparation of special studies, correspondence and reports as directed by the CEO and the Board.
• Provides expert advice on capital projects, leases, acquisition, sustainability, and life cycle asset management consistent with the CEO’s leadership role.
• Proven experience designing, developing and implementing thoughtful plans for leased space counter-balanced by telework solutions that support departmental missions to serve the public and provide appropriate work/life balance opportunities for employees.
• Executive leadership experience directing and managing the development of real property; master planning; budget development and implementation; and the development, use, and reuse of real property.
• Demonstrated ability to direct the overall management of technical and administrative staff in the planning and management of highly complex real property construction projects and programs and the preparation and implementation of strategic asset management plan.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and county government organizations and regulations in support of real property asset management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of public financing mechanisms, and the development and management of Capital budgets.
• Demonstrated knowledge of public sector real estate property acquisition, leasing, and property management.
• Experience working with elected officials, agencies, and other public and private agencies to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
• Licensure as a professional engineer or architect.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field –AND– five years of highly-responsible managerial experience in a large and complex public or government agency leading real property, construction and maintenance management of public buildings, facilities and other assets –AND– one year of the qualifying experience must have included planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the work of diverse functional units within the agency, as well as the direction and administration of a variety of services, programs, and projects.
License: A valid California Class C driver license or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
THE RIGHT PERSON:
We are seeking an individual with a strong track record of success and proven executive leadership experience managing real property master planning; construction and maintenance of facilities used in a large governmental agency’s operations; budget cycle implementation; and the development, use, and reuse of real property. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of life-cycle asset management of real property, and investments in energy efficiency and environmental initiatives. They will be nimble and flexible in addressing new and complex issues in a dynamic environment. The successful candidate will work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse group of committed individuals including elected officials, State and Federal counterparts, and members of the community.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law. All positions are open to qualified men and women pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act. We will follow all of our obligations regarding the provision of reasonable accommodations to applicants.
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.