AIA- The American Institue of Architects
We advocate for the value of architecture and give architects the resources they need to do their best work. Our work drives positive change through the power of design.
Cruise the mighty Danube River through eight European countries and Austria’s storied Wachau Valley, a fairy-tale stretch of cliff-top castles and terraced vineyards. Enjoy three nights in Prague, Czech Republic, sail the Danube for eight nights and savor two nights in Sofia, Bulgaria. Along the way, discover Roman ruins, cathedrals, synagogues, mosques, and fortresses, which are all part of a complex history shaped by the Danube. See Budapest illuminated at night and the Iron Gate Gorge, an engineering marvel. Enjoy first-class ship accommodations, deluxe hotels and taste traditional delicacies on this amazing trip of a lifetime.
Call now to book! 1.800.293.5725
- Take in the indescribable Prague, nicknamed “the City of a Hundred Spires,” known for its colorful baroque buildings, Gothic churches, and the medieval Astronomical Clock.
- See the Central Sofia Mineral Bath, a fine example of the Secession architectural style.
- Visit treasured Buda Castle, an impressive Baroque-style palace and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Marvel at the Hungarian Parliament Building, one of Budapest’s most recognizable structures, and the world’s third-largest parliament building.
- See the Gothic St. Stephen’s Cathedral, which directly faces the modern, glass-and-steel Haas Haus building.
- Admire the Dohány Street Synagogue, the world’s second-largest synagogue, designed in the Moorish Revival Style.
- Attend a delightful evening of Viennese Waltz as your Austrian ballroom guides perform and teach master steps to you.
- Discover the flavors of the region during a wine tasting in Pécs.
- Explore Melk’s Benedictine abbey, an architectural jewel with impressive interiors, and designated a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Enjoy the picturesque Wachau Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the finest landscapes in all of Europe.
- See the Iron Gate Gorge, one of Europe’s most memorable marvels.
- Walk through Pécs, a city known for its Roman ruins and Ottoman mosques, which have been turned into churches.
- This trip qualifies for 22 AIA learning units (including 5 HSW credits).
- Three nights in Prague, eight nights on the first-class MS Amadeus Star and two nights in Sofia.
- 31 Meals: 13 breakfasts, 9 lunches, and 9 dinners.
- An experienced Tour Director, in addition to the Architectural Adventures Educational Expert.
- Land transportation by private motorcoach for excursions as outlined in the itinerary.
- Gratuities and service charges for local guides, bus drivers and restaurant staff for included meals; please note a per-traveler gratuity of approximately 10 euros per day is recommended for river ship staff.
- All meals include water, coffee or tea; in addition, wine, beer, and soft drinks are included with lunches and dinners.
- Group transfers between Airport & Hotel for all participants who purchase group flights from AHI FlexAir program.
- Prague: Art Deco Imperial Hotel – Featuring art deco furniture, this lavish hotel is a 3-minute walk from the nearest metro station, and a 13-minute walk from the National Gallery and 3 kilometers from Prague Castle.
- Ship: MS Amadeus Star – Launched in April 2019, this stylish ship offers a total of 70 spacious deluxe cabins and 12 Suites. Cabins on the Mozart and Strauss Deck feature lowerable panoramic windows which extend across the entire cabin front. All deluxe cabins and suites offer comfortable, spacious bathrooms, infotainment systems, flat-screen television, telephone, cabin safe, minibar and air conditioning which can be individually regulated. Furthermore, the suites feature walk-on external balconies with seating.
- Sofia: Sofia Hotel Balkan – This luxury hotel is 1 kilometers from the Bulgarian National Bank and features elegant rooms with cherry wood furniture and Italian marble bathrooms.
Day 1 Begin your journey
Day 2 Arrive in Prague, Czech Republic
Day 3 Prague Old Town and Charles Bridge
Day 4 The City of a Hundred Spires
Day 5 Visit a picturesque German town
Day 6 Melk, Austria & Dürnstein & Vienna
Day 7 Vibrant Vienna
Day 8 Old-world Europe
Day 9 Bustling Budapest
Day 10 A taste of the Slavonia region
Day 11 Belgrade, Serbia
Day 12 The unforgettable Iron Gate Gorge
Day 13 Historic Vidin, Bulgaria & Sofia
Day 14 Treasures of Sofia
Day 15 Return Home
Request for Talent
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.