Tour – Through Portugal & Northern Spain in Fall
AIA- The American Institue of Architects
We advocate for the value of architecture and give architects the resources they need to do their best work. Our work drives positive change through the power of design.
Become immersed in the cultural and architectural heritage of Portugal and Northern Spain on a once-in-a-lifetime journey. From historic Lisbon to vibrant Barcelona, visit and explore 14 cities and 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites while enjoying world class accommodations and fine regional dining. Sip Oporto’s famed port wine, see Santiago’s monumental cathedral, tour the Frank Gehry-designed Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, and see where the bulls run in Pamplona before traversing the breathtaking Pyrenees Mountains en route to Barcelona and the Mediterranean Sea.
Call now to book! 1.800.293.5725
- Visit Lisbon’s Jerónimos Monastery and Belém Tower, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Tour Oporto, Portugal’s second largest city, and see its historic center proclaimed a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1996.
- In León, tour the thirteenth century León Cathedral and see Casa Botines, a Modernist building designed by Antoni Gaudí.
- Tour the cobbled streets of Bilbao’s medieval Old Town before visiting the world-renowned, Frank Gehry-designed Guggenheim Museum.
- Visit Antoni Gaudí’s most iconic works, Casa Milà and Sagrada Família, both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Join a Modern architectural expert for a tour of Barcelona’s 22@ District, one of Europe’s biggest urban regeneration efforts featuring buildings by Jean Nouvel.
- Walk through the walled town of Óbidos and take in its medieval streets and squares.
- See Santiago de Compostela’s iconic cathedral, featuring the silver crypt believed to hold the remains of St. James, one of Jesus’ apostles.
- Walk the storied streets of Guernica and Pamplona in the Spanish Pyrenees.
- Visit a port lodge in Oporto for a tasting of the fortified wine exclusive to the region.
- This trip qualifies for 23 AIA learning units.
- An experienced Tour Director, in addition to the Architectural Adventures Educational Expert.
- Entrance fees for all included visits
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout the trip
- Gratuities for local guides, bus drivers, porters, airport, hotel and restaurant staff
- Luggage handling for one bag per person
- Corinthia Hotel Lisbon – Located near the historic city center, this is one of the finest luxury hotels in Lisbon and offers stunning views of the city.
- Pousada do Porto – The public areas of this 87-room pousada were converted from a former palace built in 1742 and exemplify Portuguese Baroque architecture.
- Parador de Santiago de Compostela – Built-in 1486 as a hospital for pilgrims, this 137-room parador is considered one of the world’s oldest hotels and is situated in the historic Plaza do Obradoiro adjacent to the famed cathedral.
- Hotel Conde Luna – Located in central León, Hotel Conde Luna sits within easy walking distance of many of the city’s landmarks, restaurants, and shops.
- Melia Bilbao – The contemporary 211-room Melia Bilbao houses a collection of contemporary art and is located in the city center close to the museums, shops, and restaurants.
- Parador de Bielsa – Perched on the mountain slopes in the Pyrenees, this 39-room parador features traditional regional architecture and offers sweeping views of this mountainous region of Northern Spain.
- Hotel Avenida Palace – Built in 1952, the 151-room Hotel Avenida Palace stands in the heart of Barcelona and offers an excellent location from which to explore.
Day 1 Begin your journey
Day 2 Arrive in Lisbon
Day 3 The Treasures of Lisbon
Day 4 Óbidos and Nazaré en route to Oporto
Day 5 A Day in Oporto
Day 6 Pontevedra
Day 7 A Day in Santiago de Compostela
Day 8 A Day in León
Day 9 Santander and Bilbao on the Bay of Biscay
Day 10 Bilbao and the Guggenheim
Day 11 Basque Country
Day 12 Pamplona en route to Bielsa
Day 13 Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
Day 14 Bielsa to Barcelona
Day 15 Gems of Barcelona
Day 16 A Free Day in Barcelona
Day 17 Return Home
Request for Talent
RFT is going against the tide of mega-meta-job boards which are more interested in selling advertisements than actually filling positions for their clientele. RFT focuses in Real Estate Development, Construction Management, Architecture, Asset Management, Real Estate Investments and their related industries . Through our deep connections in the real estate arena RFT can reach active and passive candidates in a way no other “job board” offers or is willing to do. RFT is not a “job board” it is your “RECRUITING CLOUD”
Request For talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. – recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance, asset management and more.