Who We Are:
Webcor employs people of integrity and passion to build diverse, high-profile, and innovative structures for our clients. Webcor was founded in San Francisco in 1971. We are still headquartered in San Francisco and are committed to growing throughout California (and beyond). Through career development and employee-specific rotation plans, we foster collaboration across our construction management divisions (Core & Shell and Special Projects) and self-perform groups (Concrete, Interior Construction Group, and Paramount Drywall). We provide craft professionals, experienced professionals, and new graduates with financial, health, and wellness benefits that encourage and reward individual contribution.
Why Join Us?
- We love to build for both public and private owners. We don’t shy away from what we have never done before.
- We are deeply connected to continuous improvement. We welcome better ways of doing things.
- The U.S. GREEN BUILDING COUNCIL has recognized us with multiple LEED PLATINUM awards for our commitment to sustainable design, communities, and construction.
- Career tracks are clear and we encourage employee mobility and development.
- We pay an average of over 85% of the cost of medical benefits for employees and their families. We cover the total cost of dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We offer a generous 401(k) match. And we offer a range of other benefits, from a wellness program to legal assistance.
What You’ll Do:
As a Payroll Specialist, you will operate the daily production of payroll processing to ensure published deadlines are met and Webcor is following best practices, Federal and State guidelines and laws. You develop strong strategic relationships within the organization across all departments and jobsites. You keep abreast of changes that impact payroll and timekeeping compliance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Process and support payroll production to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of
- Weekly check processing
- Off cycle checks (termination and others)
- Garnishments (setup, update and maintain)
- Weekly vendor payments (401(k), garnishments, etc.)
- Research and resolve employee issues and inquiries via help tickets and email
- Assist in documentation of work processes
- Maintain employee and vendor payment files
- Process Labor Hour Transfers
- Assist with software testing as needed
- Maintain Annual Union Rates
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees and agencies
What You Need to Succeed:
TECHNICAL Skills And Experience
- Advanced computer skills, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Fundamental knowledge of payroll regulations, taxable income, imputed income, tax calculations
- Payroll system experience, CMiC desired
- Attention to detail in composing, writing, typing and proofing material with error free work product
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Ability to organize and manage work to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Collaborative work style that ensures success of team, department and company
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least two years payroll work experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) a plus
- Union Payroll, job costing or Construction experience a plus
Webcor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Request For Talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, sports facilities management, real estate finance and more. www.gessearch.com