There is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction industry. Simply put, its our people. From highways to hotels and residential housing to railways, we rely on the leadership, talents, and drive of our employees to bring great projects to light. Are you interested in becoming a part of our team? If so, take the next step and start building your career with us today.
At Clark, we like to say that our people are as exceptional as the projects we build! Whether youre an engineering major who has been dreaming of building skyline changing structures for years or a business major who is interested in working for a large company with a leadership position in a dynamic industry, Clark has incredible opportunities for you.
As a vertically integrated company, Clark provides a wide range of services to our clients across the lifecycle of a building. This integration provides a platform for a dynamic and fulfilling career.
Consistently ranked as one of the top general contractors in the nation, Clark provides the chance for our Engineers to work with and learn from the best and brightest construction professionals in the industry, while helping to build some of the most sophisticated and notable projects in the country.
The Engineer position at Clark is designed to give recent college graduates the tools you need to jumpstart your career. During your first few years at Clark, you can expect to work in a variety of different roles and learn the fundamentals of construction management and our business. Whether working in general construction or one of our self-perform subsidiaries, your assignments could include:
1. Project Development
In project development, you will learn how Clark acquires new work and develops and maintains relationships with clients before a shovel ever breaks ground. Departments within project development include budgeting, estimating, and purchasing. Responsibilities include:
- Soliciting and providing preliminary evaluations of subcontractor bids
- Performing quantity takeoffs
- Performing scoping of bid packages
- Participating in the development of project budgets and estimates
2. Project Delivery
2a. Project Management
Working in project management gives you an understanding of the day-to-day and long-term business and financial management associated with construction projects. Responsibilities include:
- Administering subcontracts
- Managing the submittals process
- Tracking change orders
- Managing project subcontractors and suppliers
2b. Field Engineering & Field Supervision
Engineers in a field role help to lay the groundwork for projects and coordinate the nuts and bolts of work on site. Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring tradework with emphasis on quality of work and safety
- Assisting with schedule management
- Providing layout for excavation, sheeting, and shoring
- Producing and maintaining an accurate record set of field calculations and measurements
3. Business Operations
The size and breadth of the Clark organization provides the opportunity for a variety of different assignments beyond the jobsite. Many of Clark departments work along with the project development and delivery teams to further develop our competitive advantage as a market leader. Potential roles include a wide range of exciting positions with departments such as virtual design & construction, research & development, scheduling, safety, sustainability, talent management, and finance.
Whichever capacity you work in as an Engineer, youll have real responsibility & make a strategic impact on our business from day one.
In addition to gaining valuable real-world experience, each engineer will gain access to networking opportunities, and will participate with fellow Clark employees in our many corporate philanthropy events and initiatives.
Proven Success Factors:
- Strong academic performance from a competitive college or university with an undergraduate degree required. Degrees in engineering, architecture, construction management preferred, but not required
- Genuine interest/passion for the building industry
- Take pride and ownership in your work, desire to exceed expectations and perform beyond what is required
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and driven by challenge
- Solution oriented, problem solver with a hands-on and team-oriented attitude
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence supervisors, peers, and external partners
- Ability to represent Clark well and be client-focused
- Exhibit high level of discretion and professionalism
- Desire to be an active participant in your career growth and are open-minded about opportunities
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a persons race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status and any other status or characteristic covered by an applicable federal, state or local EEO law. An employer may not require or demand as a condition of employment, prospective employment or continued employment that an individual submit to or take a lie detector or similar test. An employer who violates this law is guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine not to exceed $100.
Request for Talent is sponsored by Gillian Executive Search, Inc. recruiters in real estate development, construction management, architecture, real estate finance and more. www.gessearch.com